- 1kg Leek, cut them lengthways, rinse with water and chop the white sections coarsely
- 500g Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 80g Unsalted butter
- Sprig fresh thyme
- Sprig of parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Quarter of a cup of water
- 300m of Cream
- Fresh chives, chopped finely.
Melt the butter and add the leeks and cook until soft, not browned, stir in the potatoes with the thyme and parsley and season.
Add the water and let the mixture simmer for about 30 minutes
Transfer the vegetables into a food processor and blend, then transfer into a clan saucepan and add the heavy cream, whisking constantly over a low heat. Remove from heat when combined and chill for about two hours. Serve with a sprinkling of chopped chives.
Grab your ingredients at the next Newcastle City Farmers Market
- May’s Potatoes
- Envy Horticulture
- Tilligerry Organic Produce
- Pillage Produce
- Over the Moon Milk